Team Nagcarlan

6:36 PM


Summer is all about getting lost in a new place and finding your way back with someone you love. My friend Maica and I had an epic time in my friend Meeren's hometown in Nagcarlan, Laguna- a place both unfamiliar to us. We literally had no idea where we're going and just followed where the countless Jeepneys we rode took us. Luckily, we arrived at past 2 in the afternoon, just in time for the Ana Kalang festival parade, safely.


We asked these kids to take photos of us while we wait for Meeren to pick us up at  the municipal hall.


These giant mannequins were all sorts of adorable! We were told that it's a contest of the most beautiful Ana Kalang mannequin.



Meeren, Patrick (her boyfriend) and her countless cousins picked us up and off we go to swim in what felt like a giant pitcher with thousands of ice cubes in it. If Calamba is famous for its hotspring pools, Nagcarlan is exactly its opposite. The water was insanely cold!


Lovely friends! <3






I always knew Maica will find her The one here. Lol. I kidd!



After swimming, we literally jumped in the car with our wet clothes on and went to some street to eat, well, street foods. And me being my usual self, didn't eat any because my tummy is really picky (excuses, excuses). We went to Meeren's cousin Angela's home to change clothes and eat dinner and head back to the main festival to witness the street party.


Took crazy photobooth pictures with my loves while we wait for a vacant table.


This may sound a little too ignorant but I thought that the street party was full of people dressed in colorful clothes dancing in the streets. It's called a street party, after all. But lo and behold, I was entirely wrong.


There was a live band, neon lights, booze and hundreds of people dancing to whatever the DJ was mixing. It was the wildest party I have ever seen!!! No joke. I've been to a lot of parties before and thought that my batchmates are the wildest during parties (minus the booze because we were all in high school that time), but yeah... I was wrong again.




We went home past 4 in the morning with a big smile on my face and wild memories I'll never forget in my head.


The early bird snaps the photos. My friends woke up past 12 or 2 in the afternoon, I think. Nothing's new.





They took us to some river before we went home.









Check out what went down during our entire stay in Nagcarlan, Laguna.


I've never been a fan of nature-themed travels because I love the city, but this adventure with Maica changed it. I'd love to attend all the festivals in the Philippines and explore all the islands someday. I cannot wait to go back!

Photo credits: Maica Horigue, Post-processing: Quennie Barrameda Video credit: Maica Horigue



You Might Also Like

0 comments