Traveling with Friends 2013: Ocean Park Hong Kong

7:15 AM

Our last day in Hong Kong was spent in Ocean Park which is a bit far from where we're staying in Mongkok. We had to take the MTR to Admiralty then ride the bus to Ocean Park. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by cute babies- felt like Disneyland all over again!


And just like Disneyland... it was scorching hot too!



There were fake Pandas...
... and there were real ones, too!

Stroller Parking v 2.0!
I wish my grade school field trips were as school as these kids' are!
We took the cable car to get to the other side of the park-- where the 'real rides' are situated. The side we were in first was mainly for kids, with a bunch of cartoon-inspired rides and all.

If you know me personally, you would know I don't do crazy rides but when you're with persistent friends who bribe (sometimes, threaten) you to do so, you won't really have any choice. Lol
Except this!

To be quite honest, I liked Ocean Park better than Disneyland mainly because of these crazies and the even crazier pictures (some didn't even made the cut into this post though haha) we took along the way.
Favorite landscape shot from this trip!
My favorite ride would have to be the Mine Train, hands down. The long walk towards the other end of the park was really worth it! I mean, c'mon, what ride has that equally good-looking operator? Lol just kidding!
Some parts of the Mine Train.
My favorite spot in the park was Pacific Pier for obvious reasons- its picturesque view!
When in another country, take pictures with strangers.
and pretend you're a local.
Old Hong Kong
Obligatory tourist picture
We  left quite early to meet Tita Lea for dinner.
Authentic Breaking Bad experience (get it? get it?). Okay if you didn't... let's try again, authentic Shabu Shabu experience in Hong Kong for freeeee~
Then we went to Ladies' Market, which was just a few blocks away from where we're staying btw, for some last minute pasalubong shopping (even though we were running out of cash Haha)

Time to bid Hong Kong goodbye with an overweight baggage! Tsk
I would love to visit Hong Kong again with my family for monetary reasons. Hahaha This trip taught me that traveling without my parents/guardian is hard because you really have to budget everything since you won't have someone to depend on in case you ran out of cash. But thank God we survived!

I'll be posting a few travel posts (itinerary + budget + tips and all) in the near future so watch out for that! Thanks for reading and I hope all is lovely wherever you are.

Quennie Barrameda © Hong Kong | October 20-23, 2013

You Might Also Like

0 comments